Tel: 0207 630 0782
This Space Referral Centre
For Dental Implants
Refer Your Patient Here>
Call 020 7630 0782
Email Us> An International
We are Officially UK's
Osstem Implant System:
£1350.00 + Free Consult & X-rays
* offer ends 31 May 2013 0% FINANCE
On All Treatments
The two Principals, Dr B K Vekaria and Dr A U Sheikh, established the centre in 1983 and are still practicing here.
Their aim has always been to provide high quality dentistry for the patients in a caring and professional way with emphasis on lifestyle dentistry that enhances your smile, confidence and general well-being.
They have continuously been involved in post graduation education and have been trained in America by some of the leading authorities namely, Prof Hilt Tatum (world renowned Implantologist) and Dr Larry Rosenthal (Cosmetic /Aesthetic Dentist).
Dr Balwant Vekaria ~
B.Ch.D. (1981) Leeds (DUI Lille, France -Implantology) Associate Fellow AAID
Award Winning - Qualified Implant Dentist & Smile Maker
GDC no: 56005
Dr Vekaria is the co-founder of The London Dental Studio. He has over 30 years international general dentistry experience and has trained many dental practitioners on Dental Implants and Cosmetic Dentistry treatments over the years.
"Dr Balwant Vekaria recently won 2nd prize at the AAID (American Academy of Implant Dentistry) 2010, for 'Innovative Dental Implant Treatment' presentation and lecture in a world wide competition held in BOSTON USA".
The competition was amongst 10 international Dentists.
He has trained and worked alongside the world's leading Cosmetic and Dental Surgeons including, Prof Hilt Tatum (Pioneer in Implantology) and Dr Larry Rosenthal (Cosmetic Dentist to the Stars, New York).
Dr Vekaria placed his first Dental Implant in 1986. Since then he has developed competent skills in both simple and advanced (complex), Implantology techniques such as Sinus Grafting, Sinus Lift, Bone Grafting and Bone Expansion. He is experienced with some of the most recognized Dental Implant systems, including: Bicon, Tatum, Astra, Osteoti, Osteocare, Mini Implant (MDI) and Intoss.
More About Dr Vekaria
- Graduate of Maxillofacial and Dental Implant Department at Lille Medical University, France.
- Fellow of the international College of Oral Implantologists, USA.
- One of only three dentists in the UK to hold a Postgraduate Diploma in Implant Dentistry obtained at Lille University, France. (At time of writing - 09 Sept 05).
- He is an international course presenter and lecturer on the subject of: The Art & Science of Implantology & Aesthetic Smile Makeovers.
- He is the only dentist in world to have over two thousand hours personal tuition over a ten year period by Prof Hilt Tatum.
- Founder of the first Implant Training Course in the UK with Prof Hilt Tatum.
- Placed his first Dental Implant in 1986.
- Has placed over 10,000 Dental Implants (since 1986).
- Has taken referrals from over 100 Dental Surgeons since 1991 for routine surgical extractions under sedation.
- Has over 25 years Dental Practice experience in all aspects of dentistry, including Dental Implants, Cosmetic Makeovers, Sedation and General Dental Treatment.
- Has extensive experience in Bone Grafting, Sinus Grafting and Bone Expansion surgical procedures.
- He has been invited to pursue a Post Doctoral Diploma in Advanced Implant and Facial Reconstructive Surgery.
Dr Azhar Sheikh ~
BDS Manc MFGDP UK
Qualified Implant Dentist & Smile Maker
GDC no: 58270
Dr Sheikh is the co-founder of The London Dental Studio. He is qualified as a dentist for 30 years and has 25 years experience in Implant Dentistry (Dental Implants for Missing Teeth). He focuses his interests and practice on Implant and Cosmetic treatments.
He has trained and worked alongside the world’s leading Cosmetic and Dental Surgeons including, Prof Hilt Tatum (Pioneer in Implantology) and Dr Larry Rosenthal (Cosmetic Dentist to the Stars, New York).
Dr Sheikh has been placing and restoring his own implants for over 25 years. He has experience in simple and advanced (complex), Implantology techniques such as Sinus Grafting, Sinus Lift, Bone Grafting and Bone Expansion.
He is experienced with multiple implant systems. including: Bicon, Tatum, Astra, Osteoti, Osteocare, Osstem, Mini Implant (MDI) and Intoss, Nobel Biocare. He is the largest user of Osstem implants in the UK.
More About Dr Sheikh
- Co-founder of The London Dental Studio
- Faculty member Tatum Institute Birmingham
- Has completed The Royal college of Surgeons Implant Diploma Course
- Has completed the Tatum Institute Implant Year Course
- Is heavily involved in continuing postgraduate education
- Lectures and gives presentations at the London Dental Studio
- Lectures and gives presentations at the Tatum Institute Birmingham
- He is one of the few dentists in world to have a huge amount of personal tuition over a ten year period by Prof Hilt Tatum the world renowned implant surgeon
- Has been involved in the placement and restoration of thousands of Dental Implants
- Has over 30 years Dental Practice experience in all aspects of dentistry, including Dental Implants, Cosmetic Makeovers, Sedation and General Dental Treatment
- Has extensive experience in Bone Grafting, Sinus Grafting and Bone Expansion surgical procedures
- Lectures at The London Dental Studio on Implantology and to other dental organizations nationwide
- Has featured on radio interviews with the BBC and UK Health Matters
- Has featured articles in The Sunday Times and BriteSmile UK Ltd (Professional Teeth Whitening System)
Dr Joseph Sherlock ~
BDS FDS RCS (Eng.) M.Orth RCS MSc FDS (Orth) RCS (Eng.)
GDC no: 72368
Dr. Joseph Sherlock is a Consultant Orthodontist. As a Consultant he has extensive training and experience in the management of all orthodontic problems in both adults and children.
Dr. Sherlock has trained at some of the top institutions in the UK, including Kings College London, from which he gained his specialty training in orthodontics.
Dr. Sherlock is a fellow of The Royal College of Surgeons of England, he is a member of the British Orthodontic Society and is on the orthodontic specialist list at The General Dental Council of The United Kingdom.
He has been involved in the training of dentists, undergraduates and postgraduate dentists in the field of orthodontics. He has lectured throughout the UK, and has also been a University examiner.
Dr. Sherlock's innovative approach has also led to several publications in the peer-reviewed orthodontic literature.
Dr. Joseph Sherlock provides an extremely high standard of orthodontic care and is skilled in the most-up-to-date orthodontic techniques including lingual braces (on the "inside" of the teeth), Invisalign ("clear" braces) and conventional aesthetic braces.
His very personalised approach is tailored to the needs of each, individual patient. He will determine carefully which appliance system will best suit your needs in terms of your lifestyle, the result you are looking for and the time taken to get your perfect smile.
With his extensive experience in Invisalign clear braces and lingual braces he provides the opportunity for patients to achieve the perfect smile in a way that is comfortable and discreet, and favoured by many celebrities such as Tom Cruise.
Many of Dr. Sherlock's patients have remarked on how the beautiful smile they have gained from his orthodontic treatment has far exceeded any of their expectations.
Professor Hilt Tatum DDS
Consultant and Advisor
GDC no: 71581
Professor Tatum has more than 38 years of clinical and academic experience in Oral Implantology. He has led the development of contemporary dental implantology by originating and popularising procedures such as bone expansion (1970), autogenous bone grafting (1971), sinus lift (1974) and sinus graft (1975).
He has pioneered predictable techniques for bone enhancement by a combination of bone expansion and closed interpositional segmental osteotomies thereby avoiding unpredictable onlay bone grafting techniques. His innovative approach avoids unnecessary complications related to bone grafting procedures and associated costs.
He designed the first titanium root form system in the world to be given FDA marketing approval. He is well known for his excellent presentations and has delivered more than 2000 lectures in many countries. He was the Chief of Oral Surgery and subsequently the Director of the Implant Residency Programme (1990-1995) at Edward White Hospital in Florida.
He is a Clinical Professor in Periodontology and Oral Implantology at the Temple University Dental School, an Associate Professor of the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Implantology, University of Lille Medical School and the Co-Director of the Implant Maxi Course, University of Puerto Rico.
He has lifetime membership of the UK Association of Dental Implantology (ADI) and is senior advisor to the British Society of Oral Implantology (BSOI). He is a past president of the American Board of Oral Implantology and has been awarded numerous prizes and fellowships in recognition of his services to Oral Implantology. In 2004, he was awarded the insignia of Chevalier of the Legion of Honour by Jacques Chirac, President of France, for his services to dentistry.
Partners and Principal Surgeons
- Dr Azhar U Sheikh (Principal Dental Surgeon)
GDC no: 58270
- Dr Balwant K Vekaria (Principal Dental Surgeon)
GDC no: 56005
Surgeons and Specialists
- Dr Nisham Kerai (Dental Surgeon)
- Dr Anita Ashani (Dental Surgeon)
- Dr Susmita Patel (Dental Surgeon)
- Dr Omar Sheikh (Dental Surgeon) GDC no: 178272
- Dr Jude Ferreira (Endodontist-Root Canal Specialist)
- Dr Asim Ayub (Endodontist-Root Canal Specialist)
- Dr Joseph Sherlock (Orthodontist-Teeth Alignment)
GDC no: 72368
- Ms Annette Aherne (Oral Hygienist)
- Mrs Marylou Suratos (Oral Hygienist / Therapist)
Managers and Treatment Coordinators
- Mrs Shazia Hamid (Studio and Patient Liaison Manager)
Consultants and Advisors
- Prof Hilt Tatum (Implant Consultant & Lecturer)
- Dr Stuart Orton-Jones (Dental Surgeon /Academic Advisor)
- Mr K Hussain (Consultant Oral & Maxillo Facial Surgeon)
- Mr Mohamed Latif (Consultant Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeon)
The London Dental Studio
Professional Memberships & Affiliations
(including Website Links)
- British Dental Association http://www.bda.uk.com
- Royal College of Surgeons http://www.rcseng.ac.uk
- Association of Dental Implantology http://www.adi.org.uk
- American Association of Implant Dentistry http://www.aaid-implant.cnchost.com
- Fellow Member of International College of Oral Implantologists, USA http://www.icoi.org
- Lille University http://ustl1.univ-lille1.fr/projetUstl
- Bupa http://www.bupa.co.uk/business/asp/dental
Other Useful Websites