Wisdom tooth problems start when the affected molar does not grow out properly from under the gum line, and instead grows sideways. When this happens, the wisdom tooth pushes painfully against the surrounding teeth, a situation that often results to severe discomfort. An impacted wisdom tooth also has a higher risk of being decayed, since this tooth cannot easily be cleaned with regular tooth brushing and flossing.
Are you suffering from a painful wisdom tooth? A wisdom tooth extraction at the London Dental Studio will give you permanent pain-relief, and also prevents infection from spreading to your other teeth, and to the other areas of your mouth.
Procedure for Wisdom Tooth Extraction
- A local anesthetic will be used to numb the wisdom tooth before it can be extracted. This ensures that no pain will be felt during the extraction process.
- An incision will be made to lift the gums away and reveal the impacted wisdom tooth which did not grow out from under the gum line.
- Bone tissue that connects the wisdom tooth to the jawbone will be removed or cut by the dental surgeon.
- The impacted tooth will be extracted. If it is difficult or almost impossible to remove the tooth in one piece, it can be cut to smaller pieces for easier extraction.
- After the tooth has been removed, the gums will be closed again with stitches.